Position Title: Superintendent – ‘Site Leader’
Reports to: Project Leader
Position Summary: Direct and monitor the progress of construction activities while maintaining safety, quality and schedule requirements.
• Orchestrate a plan from the beginning of construction to completion of the project, including accurately projecting construction activities for scheduling purposes. Create & maintain Microsoft Project schedule, updating for daily completion of work, provide 2- week look-ahead on a weekly basis. Maintain communication with subcontractors and coordinate daily activities.
• Direct, coordinate and facilitate meetings for owners, sub-contractors, architects, and local authorities.
• Study & interpret contract documents (drawings, details of drawings and specifications, post-bid meeting minutes, bid clarifications, permits, etc.).
• Work with Project Leader, and Assistant Project Leader to track & report job progress.
• Complete daily construction progress and safety reports.
• Review all construction work to verify contractors are in compliance with the current project documents and program standards. Take frequent photographs to document work in place. Maintain project record drawings.
• Coordinate scheduling of testing consultants and municipal inspections for construction activities and monitor the accuracy and timeliness of test reporting.
• Actively lead, manage & maintain safety on the site. Refer to the site-specific safety plan. Includes tool box discussions, completing safety checklists and continuous observation of safe work practices and immediate corrective measure if needed.
• Monitor Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plan and actively ensure compliance on a daily basis.
• Research and issue Incident Reports using the templates provided within 24 hours of the incident.
• Process submittals and verify correct shop drawings are being followed, and materials are correct before installation.
• Receive Letters of Compliance from Contractors and review against Project Documents to ensure compliance.
• Schedule and run all project meetings with Project Leader as outlined in Site Leader Processes. Record and distribute minutes and upload copies of those minutes, as required.
• Coordinate with Project Leader to schedule and facilitate various Systems and Equipment Demonstration Meetings, Punch List Event Walkthroughs, Department of Agriculture and Municipal Inspections, Insurance Company Reviews, and Consultant Visits. Ensure that all outstanding items for the project are completed on time.
• Work with Project Leader to monitor material deliveries for both subcontractors and owner-purchased equipment, for compliance with Project Documents and Schedule.
• Monitor hours and material for additional work.
• Identify potential sales opportunities and communicate the opportunities to Project Leader and Company Ownership.
• Show positive and courteous verbal skills in all working environments.
• Write effective business letters.
• If requested, provide general estimates for construction materials based on volume, areas, elevations, cubic areas, square foot areas, and framing materials.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Ability to travel.
• High school diploma required. Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management or related field preferred.
• Four or more years experience managing subcontractors.
• Certification in First Aid/CPR required.
• Must complete 10h and 30h OSHA training.
• Certification in Storm Water Management required.
• Knowledge of CSI format is preferred.
• Fluency with Microsoft Project, Word, Excel, and other computer software packages.
• Possess an understanding of zoning and permitting issues for the localities where Company does business.
• Ability to conceptualize the “big picture” from blueprints and construction drawings and translate that vision into a well-constructed facility.
• Ability to command respect from customers and subcontractors.
• Ability to problem-solve in a fast-paced environment.
Standards of Performance:
• Adherence to the employment agreement.
• Quality performance of duties listed in the job description.
• Adherence to corporate policies.
• Adherence to Kincaid Henry Core Values
• Report to work on time.
• Respectful interaction with other employees, owners, consultants, subcontractors and the general public.
Interested candidates, please submit your resume and cover letter using the form below. Please include job title you are applying for in the “message” section. Thank you.
About Kincaid Henry:
Kincaid Henry provides development and construction management services to meet the unique needs of each client. We have expertise and insight to meet a wide range of challenges. Kincaid Henry works with clients from concept to construction and construction to completion through a proven process we call ‘Collaborate, Create, Succeed.’ The core focus of Kincaid Henry is to develop the dreams of the clients and communities it serves.
We are Leaders, Partners, and Innovators.
SHARE THIS JOB OPENING
Share this Post