Position Title: Project Leader
Reports to: Operations Leader
Under limited supervision, leads, manages and administers the construction and delivery of new facilities and renovation of existing facilities, to include contract preparation, on-site coordination, quality control, and all aspects of contract leadership and management.
Kincaid Henry is looking for an enthusiastic individual(s) interested in assessing customer service expectations and ensuring delivery of contractual services by applying expertise in engineering and construction management as a Project Leader.
As a member of our operations group, this person will provide project leadership during both the planning/pre-construction phase and construction phase(s). Aptitude for team-based planning and problem-solving and wholehearted commitment to building strong partnerships to support project goals will be critical to success.
Kincaid Henry has a Proven Process for construction projects called, ‘Collaborate Create Succeed’. This process is what Kincaid Henry operates with on every project. Kincaid Henry is a negotiation only, fee based, development/construction management company. This position is for individuals looking for an ability to lead a project from concept to construction – construction to completion for a client.
• This person will be responsible for planning and delivering projects typically ranging from $1-12 million, developing budgets hands-on, and providing leadership to the construction project team.
• Work Planning: Ability to plan and prioritize individual contributions and those of team members to achieve high-quality, timely results. Dependable and punctual for all work-related commitments.
• Relationships: Ability to earn respect through the credibility of construction knowledge and positive approach to problem solving. Ability to develop productive relationships within the project team, with contractors, government officials, municipal employees, design teams, consultants, and clients.
• Communication: Strong communication skills, including excellent ability to identify and understand requirements of the project team and to participate in collaborative problem solving. Ability to write meeting minutes, proposals, monthly reports, project scorecards, and other related project documentation.
• Detail Orientation: Ability to successfully ensure the accuracy of project documentation. Ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations
• Professionalism: Ability to maintain a positive attitude and professional demeanor and appearance at all times and perform well under project constraints and deadlines
• Computer Skills: Strong computer skills with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint) working knowledge of project management software. Willingness to test and implement new technologies as they become available
• Math Skills: Solid numerical and analytical skills and ability to apply these skills to achieve accurate project budgeting and basic estimating for project scope changes
• Learning Orientation: Willing to pursue related educational and training opportunities for job performance improvement on an on-going basis, and to openly share knowledge and debate concepts with appropriate members of the Kincaid Henry team
• Cultivate long-term client relationships that provide repeat business
• Work with A/E firms to establish plans and specifications
• Lead the project team to establish a project budget and GMP
• Establish and approve a list of qualified bidders for projects
• Establish project contract with the owner
• Lead project team to establish a project scope of work
• Accumulate bids and establish a budget project spreadsheet for projects
• Negotiate with subcontractors and suppliers to meet project budget
• Lead project team in value engineering, means and methodology, as required for project feasibility
• Establish project schedule
• Lead project buyout
• Lead Safety project requirements, pre-construction safety meetings, and work plans
• Lead Project Site Leader and Assistant Project Leader to meeting daily/weekly project need for quality control, safety, and schedule
• Create weekly meeting agenda and host on-site project meetings
• Create and lead the monthly project scorecard for the project team
• Lead and manage project closeout
• Assure client sign off of project punch list before occupancy
• Manage final invoicing requirements
• Perform warranty calls to meet company requirements
• Review the project scorecard with the Site Leader, Operations Leader, and Assitant Project Leader for project goals regarding profit, gen requirements, schedule and client requirements
• Mentor Assistant Project Leaders in proper construction and Kincaid Henry practices
• Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering, construction management, or a related field
• Five years or more of construction project leadership experience
• Successful completion of classes or other training or experience in construction management, project management, safety, communication, and ability to demonstrate knowledge and understanding
• Ability to handle multiple demands while keeping a positive, results-focused attitude toward clients, subcontractors, and co-workers
• Knowledge of the operating practices of construction, architectural, and building firms.
• Demonstrated success in project management, positions requiring professionalism and integrity
• Possess an understanding of zoning and permitting issues for the localities where Company does business
• Ability to conceptualize the “big picture” from blueprints and construction drawings and translate that vision into a well-constructed facility
• Ability to command respect from customers and subcontractors
• Ability to problem-solve in a fast-paced environment
• Must be computer proficient
• Must possess excellent communication skills
Standards of Performance:
• Adherence to the employment agreement
• Quality performance of duties listed in the job description
• Adherence to corporate policies
• Adherence to Kincaid Henry Core Values
• Report to work on time
• Respectful interaction with other employees, owners, consultants, subcontractors and the general public
Interested candidates, please submit your resume and cover letter using the form below. Please include job title you are applying for in the “message” section. Thank you.
Kincaid Henry provides development and construction services to meet the unique needs of each client. We have expertise and insight to meet a wide range of challenges. Kincaid Henry works with clients from concept to construction and construction to completion through a proven process we call ‘Collaborate, Create, Succeed.’ The core focus of Kincaid Henry is to develop the dreams of the clients and communities it serves.
We are Leaders, Partners, and Innovators.
SHARE THIS JOB OPENING
Share this Post