Position Title: Internship – Full Time & Part Time
Reports to: Assistant Project Leader
Position Summary: Kincaid Henry’s Internship Program is intended to provide related work experience for talented young employees in their field of study with the potential of offering a full-time career following their graduation. Our internships are competitive, full-time, fully paid but temporary positions through the typical spring, summer and fall months. Part-time opportunities and cooperatives may also be available throughout the year.
As a team member for the construction project team, responsibilities will include allocating project resources, establishing subcontract agreements, and executing contractual risk protections while creating a positive safety climate.
Kincaid Henry is looking for an enthusiastic individual(s) interested in assessing customer service expectations and ensuring delivery of contractual services by applying expertise in engineering and construction management as an Intern working with our Assistant Project Leaders.
As a member of our operations group, this person will have opportunities to provide project leadership during both planning and construction phases. Aptitude for team-based planning and problem-solving and wholehearted commitment to building strong partnerships to support project goals will be critical for success.
This position will provide a great opportunity for a long-term thinker to develop construction leadership expertise across a range of markets and clients, leverage technology to increase efficiency and effectiveness, participate in a broad range of project planning and coordination duties, and grow with the company. The role will offer opportunities to bring value by learning from project team members and sharing expertise with the project team. This is a paid cooperative education position requiring the ability to perform the responsibilities detailed below.
- Work Planning: Ability to plan and prioritize individual contributions and those of team members to achieve high-quality, timely results. Dependable and punctual for all work-related commitments.
- Relationships: Ability to earn respect through the credibility of construction knowledge and positive approach to problem solving. Ability to develop productive relationships within the project team, with contractors, and with design teams and clients.
- Communication: Strong communication skills, including excellent ability to identify and understand requirements of the project team and to participate in collaborative problem solving. Ability to write proposals, monthly reports, and other related project documentation.
- Detail Orientation: Ability to successfully ensure the accuracy of project documentation. Ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Professionalism: Ability to maintain a positive attitude and professional demeanor and appearance at all times and perform well under project constraints and deadlines.
- Computer Skills: Strong computer skills with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint) working knowledge of project management software. Willingness to test and implement new technologies as they become available.
- Math Skills: Solid numerical and analytical skills and ability to apply these skills to achieve accurate project budgeting and basic estimating for project scope changes.
- Learning Orientation: Must be enrolled in a 4-year construction-related degree program at an accredited college/university.
- Will perform additional assignments per the Assistant Project Leader’s direction.
- 2 years in Construction Management
- Successful completion of classes or other training or experience in construction management, project management, safety, communication, and ability to demonstrate knowledge and understanding.
- Possess an understanding of zoning and permitting issues for the localities where Company does business.
- Ability to conceptualize the “big picture” from design/drawings, specifications, submittals, and other construction documents.
- Ability to command respect from customers and subcontractors.
- Ability to problem-solve in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrate an unusually high level of enthusiasm and commitment to the construction industry
Standards of Performance:
- Adherence to the employment
- Quality performance of duties listed in the job
- Adherence to corporate policies.
- Report to work on time.
- Respectful interaction with other employees, owners, consultants, subcontractors and the general
Interested candidates, please submit your resume and cover letter using the form below. Please include job title you are applying for in the “message” section. Thank you.
About Kincaid Henry:
Kincaid Henry provides development and construction management services to meet the unique needs of each client. We have expertise and insight to meet a wide range of challenges. Kincaid Henry works with clients from concept to construction and construction to completion through a proven process we call ‘Collaborate, Create, Succeed.’ The core focus of Kincaid Henry is to develop the dreams of the clients and communities it serves.
We are Leaders, Partners, and Innovators.
SHARE THIS JOB OPENING
Share this Post