Position Title: Construction Administrator ‐ Full Time
Reports to: Project Leader and Finance/Admin Leader
Position Summary: The ideal Construction Administrator candidate will have a take‐charge, positive attitude. The selected candidate will work with our Project Management team, which includes Kincaid Henry Executives, Project Leaders, and Site Leaders to provide support on the day to day processes related to running Kincaid Henry’s real estate development, and construction projects.
The Construction Administrator participates in a variety of project administrative activities such as managing subcontracts, the bidding process, change orders, cost management, and closeouts. This individual will be the hub of the project team. Our Project Leaders and Site Leaders rely on the organization and scheduling of all critical deadlines by the Administrator. This is a terrific opportunity to utilize your organizational and interpersonal communication skills while being a part of a collaborative
Responsibilities will include allocating project resources, establishing subcontract agreements, and executing contractual risk protections while creating a positive safety climate.
Kincaid Henry is looking for an enthusiastic and organized individual interested in assessing customer service expectations and ensuring delivery of contractual services by applying expertise in administration and construction management as Construction Administrator.
This position will provide a great opportunity for a long‐term thinker to exhibit administrative expertise across a range of markets and clients, leverage technology to increase efficiency and effectiveness, participate in a broad range of project planning and coordination duties, and grow with the company. The role will offer opportunities to bring value by learning from project team members and sharing expertise with the project team.
- Work Planning: Ability to plan and prioritize individual contributions and those of team members to achieve high-quality, timely results. Dependable and punctual for all work-related commitments.
- Relationships: Ability to earn respect through the credibility of construction knowledge and positive approach to problem solving. Ability to develop productive relationships within the project team, with contractors, and with design teams and clients.
- Communication: Strong communication skills, including excellent ability to identify and understand requirements of the project team and to participate in collaborative problem solving. Ability to write proposals, monthly reports, and other related project documentation.
- Detail Orientation: Ability to successfully ensure the accuracy of project documentation. Ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Professionalism: Ability to maintain a positive attitude and professional demeanor and appearance at all times and perform well under project constraints and deadlines.
- Computer Skills: Strong computer skills with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint) working knowledge of project management software. Willingness to test and implement new technologies as they become available.
- Math Skills: Solid numerical and analytical skills and ability to apply these skills to achieve accurate project budgeting and basic estimating for project scope changes.
- Learning Orientation: Must be willing to get job training for career advancement.
- Will perform additional assignments per the Assistant Project Leader’s direction.
Maintain company sub‐contractor database; points of contact, universal sub‐contractor contracts, safety manuals, pre‐qualification forms; up to date insurance docs, W‐9.
- 2 years in office administration, administrative assistance, clerical work or construction document management
- Preference for candidates who have experience in construction management, project management, safety, communication, and ability to demonstrate knowledge and understanding.
- Possess an understanding of zoning and permitting issues for the localities where Company does business.
- Ability to conceptualize the “big picture” from design/drawings, specifications, submittals, and other construction documents.
- Ability to work with customers and subcontractors and problem‐solve in a fast‐paced environment.
- Demonstrate an unusually high level of enthusiasm and commitment to the construction industry
- Adherence to the employment agreement
- Quality performance of duties listed in the job description
- Adherence to corporate policies.
- Report to work on time.
- Respectful interaction with other employees, owners, consultants, subcontractors and the general public
Call and then email sub‐contractors/prime contractors for the solicitation of proposals and bids for work in each division.
Put together bid package docs; Request for Proposals, Construction Documents, Scope of Work, Alternates, project access information (parking, staging, site trailer, dumpsters)
Setting up and maintaining project contact list and email groups
Preparing conference room(s) for project meetings
Filing and organizing the project file.
Writing Change Orders, Meeting Minutes, Purchase Orders
Review all contractor monthly draws and prepare spreadsheets for project draws
Administrative and clerical tasks
Setting up meetings for the Project Leaders
Obtaining project information; permitting requirements, utility connection fees, municipal right of ways, access agreements, etc.
Coordinating the project signage; Kincaid Henry signs, project signs, MEDC signs (if applicable)
Assemble the project close out package; Warranties, material information, project ‘as‐builts’, equipment information, contractor contacts, maintenance agreements.
Standards of Performance:
Interested candidates, please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Construction Administrator”. Thank you.
About Kincaid Henry:
Our vision is to transform Michigan cities.
Kincaid Henry has been producing successful development and construction projects across the state of Michigan since 2005. We learned early on that the standard solutions used in the industry to bring about successful projects were not working. In an attempt to fulfill our most important core value – “serve the client above all else” – we sought out a better way. We at Kincaid Henry reimagined the entire experience and developed a proven process that we call “Collaborate, Create, Succeed.” Since then, we have worked tirelessly to build a company that is dedicated to the implementation of that process.
Our singular and passionate focus is to partner with business owners, real estate developers and real estate investors to produce successful real estate developments for their businesses and investments. That is our niche, our passion and the reason for our existence. Our team‐oriented, trust‐based, collaborative approach creates projects that are successful for our clients.
We are Leaders, Partners, and Innovators.
SHARE THIS JOB OPENING
Share this Post