Position Title: Business Development Leader
Reports to: Sales and Marketing Leader
Are you looking for a rewarding career in corporate business development with a successful organization and healthy corporate culture? Kincaid Henry may just be the place for you.
We are seeking a Business Development Leader. This position is responsible for working in close partnership with the Sales and Marketing Leader by leading, identifying, and securing new work, building profitable and strategic business partnerships, growing existing markets, and penetrating new markets.
Position Summary: Under limited supervision, leads, manages and administers the sales process, objectives, strategies, and goals throughout the State of Michigan.
As a member of our sales and marketing team, this person will provide project leadership during both the client onboarding process, handing off vital client and project information to the company leadership team and assigned project leader. Aptitude for team-based planning and problem-solving and wholehearted commitment to building strong partnerships to achieve sales goals will be critical to success.
Effective performance of the Business Development Leader role requires timely, accurate, and consistent completion of the following tasks. Business Development Leaders are expected to proactively seek coaching and corrective feedback regarding expectations and performance improvement needs in these basic functions from the Sales and Marketing Leader.
Build and Maintain Business Relationships and other Key Business Partnerships to Grow Business
- Builds and maintains robust professional network in the industry and within specific market areas by attending conferences, joining professional associations, and participating in other professional and civic organizations.
- Maintains regular communication with A/E firms, environmental consultants, real estate brokers, economic development agents, bankers, attorneys, city officials, DDA Directors, trade and industry organizations, and other lead sources to identify potential pursuits and strategic partnerships.
- Performs presentations on Kincaid Henry proven process called Collaborate Create Succeed to municipalities, trade organizations, economic development agencies, and industry related groups.
- Maintains communication with current clients to assess their needs on a regular basis.
- Initiates conversations with future prospective clients to inquire about needs, future plans, and objectives, presents a relevant introduction to Kincaid Henry, and identifies appropriate next steps.
- Serves as a strategic resource to clients at all phases of project.
- Assesses client satisfaction through formal or informal debriefings and customer feedback surveys.
- Looks for opportunities to build partnerships with clients, future clients, industry stakeholders, architectural, environmental, owner agents, real estate brokers, and other project partners that will lead to professional development and business growth.
- Assists principals with building and executing their business development strategies and helps to identify sources of leads through maintaining regular brainstorming/collaboration.
- Recognizes and introduces creative resources and partnerships to industry-related groups and clients that could remove barriers to potential projects.
- Seek strategic trade contractor relationships to provide to the operations team at Kincaid Henry.
- Seek strategic team members for Kincaid Henry at trade shows, meet and greats, and other related networking events and in day-to-day business activities.
Assist with Project Pursuit Process
- Assists with coaching the pursuit team in presentation delivery and message development.
- Assists in project proposals and preparing presentation packages.
- Coordinates pursuit process when appropriate.
- Conducts market assessments to better understand project feasibility and realities.
- Assist with master planning services to build an accurate understanding of client needs.
Research Industry Trends and Offer Ways to Optimize Competitiveness
- Gathers and synthesizes information from a variety of sources (i.e. websites, master plans, regional news sources) to stay current with industry and market specific trends and presents findings to relevant internal partners.
- Cultivates familiarity with new Kincaid Henry technologies and offerings (e.g., Procore, BIM, social media).
- Conducts market research through a variety of sources including competitor research, professional conferences/seminars/workshops, whitepapers and other publications to identify potential new markets and ways to grow current markets.
- Studies industry competitors and understands their strengths and weaknesses and how they compare to Kincaid Henry.
- Works with Marketing Team to refine brand with changes occurring in the industry.
Serve as a Resource for Construction Operations and Development Services Team
• Develops strategic public-private partnerships that bring additional resources to assist with project success.
• Supports The Operations Team with projects that involve a high level of interaction and resources from public and other non-private entities.
• Conducts assessments and facilitates collaboration in situations where there may be varying objectives and priorities to develop solutions that ensure project success.
Best suited candidates will possess the following skills:
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and 5-7 years of overall experience or 3-5 years of business development-specific experience.
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail and ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Working knowledge of MS Office Suite applications.
• Flexibility in adapting to deadlines, changing schedules, priorities and unpredictable events.
• Ability to handle multiple demands while keeping a positive, results-focused attitude toward clients, subcontractors, and co-workers.
• Knowledge of the operating practices of construction, architectural, and building firms.
• Ability to problem-solve in a fast-paced environment.
• Occasional unscheduled overtime and weekend activity is required.
Standards of Performance:
• Adherence to the employment agreement.
• Quality performance of duties listed in the job description.
• Adherence to corporate policies.
• Report to work on time.
• Respectful interaction with other employees, owners, consultants, subcontractors and the general public.
Interested candidates, please submit your resume and cover letter using the form below. Please include job title you are applying for in the “message” section. Thank you.
About Kincaid Henry:
Kincaid Henry has been developing and constructing successful urban infill, commercial office, multi-family, mixed-use, adaptive re-use, historic, Brownfield, hospitality, and neighborhood revitalization development and construction projects across the State of Michigan since 2005.
What we learned very quickly was that the ‘solutions’ provided, on the whole in the industry, to bring about successful projects, were not working. Seeking to fulfill our foremost Core Value, ‘Serve the client above all else’, we sought out a better way.
Recognizing the need to re-imagine the entire experience, we developed a proven process that produces successful real estate development and construction projects, and created a transformational company that is dedicated to its implementation. We call our proven process ‘Collaborate, Create, and Succeed.’ Our team-oriented, trust-based, collaborative approach, creates projects that are successful.
Our singular and passionate focus is to partner with business owners, real estate developers, and real estate investors to produce successful real estate developments for their businesses and investments. This is our niche, our passion, and the reason for our existence.
SHARE THIS JOB OPENING
Share this Post