Position Title: Assistant Project Leader
Reports to: Project Leader
Position Summary: As a leader for the construction project team, responsibilities will include allocating project resources, establishing subcontract agreements, and executing contractual risk protections while creating a positive safety climate
Kincaid Henry is looking for an enthusiastic individual(s) interested in assessing customer service expectations and ensuring delivery of contractual services by applying expertise in engineering and construction management as an Assistant Project Leader.
As a member of our operations group, this person will have opportunities to provide project leadership during both planning and construction phases. Aptitude for team-based planning and problem-solving and wholehearted commitment to building strong partnerships to support project goals will be critical for success.
This position will provide a great opportunity for a long-term thinker to develop construction leadership expertise across a range of markets and clients, leverage technology to increase efficiency and effectiveness, participate in a broad range of project planning and coordination duties, and grow with the company. The role will offer opportunities to bring value by learning from project team members and sharing expertise with the project team.
• Work Planning: Ability to plan and prioritize individual contributions and those of team members to achieve high-quality, timely results. Dependable and punctual for all work-related commitments.
• Relationships: Ability to earn respect through the credibility of construction knowledge and positive approach to problem solving. Ability to develop productive relationships within the project team, with contractors, and with design teams and clients.
• Communication: Strong communication skills, including excellent ability to identify and understand requirements of the project team and to participate in collaborative problem solving. Ability to write proposals, monthly reports, and other related project documentation.
• Detail Orientation: Ability to successfully ensure the accuracy of project documentation. Ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
• Professionalism: Ability to maintain a positive attitude and professional demeanor and appearance at all times and perform well under project constraints and deadlines.
• Computer Skills: Strong computer skills with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint) working knowledge of project management software. Willingness to test and implement new technologies as they become available.
• Math Skills: Solid numerical and analytical skills and ability to apply these skills to achieve accurate project budgeting and basic estimating for project scope changes.
• Learning Orientation: Willing to pursue related educational and training opportunities for job performance improvement on an on-going basis, and to openly share knowledge and debate concepts with appropriate members of the Kincaid Henry team.
• Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering, construction management, or a related field or three to five years or more of construction project leadership experience desired.
• Successful completion of classes or other training or experience in construction management, project management, safety, communication, and ability to demonstrate knowledge and understanding.
• Possess an understanding of zoning and permitting issues for the localities where Company does business.
• Ability to conceptualize the “big picture” from blueprints and construction drawings.
• Ability to command respect from customers and subcontractors.
• Ability to problem-solve in a fast-paced environment.
Standards of Performance:
• Adherence to the employment agreement.
• Quality performance of duties listed in the job description.
• Adherence to corporate policies.
• Report to work on time.
• Respectful interaction with other employees, owners, consultants, subcontractors and the general public.
Interested candidates, please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject “Assistant Project Leader.”
About Kincaid Henry:
Kincaid Henry provides development and construction management services to meet the unique needs of each client. We have expertise and insight to meet a wide range of challenges. Kincaid Henry works with clients from concept to construction and construction to completion through a proven process we call ‘Collaborate, Create, Succeed.’ The core focus of Kincaid Henry is to develop the dreams of the clients and communities it serves.
We are Leaders, Partners, and Innovators.
SHARE THIS JOB OPENING
Share this Post